You can easily have long hair with one swipe of a credit card: buy hair extensions. I have em! (Insert shocking gasps)
I don’t wear them all the time but I do on occasion. I bought them for my wedding and see them as a great investment if you like to play with your hair. You can view the ones I have here.
However, I have been growing out my hair ever since I got a super short bob. I can finally say my hair is “long” after years of awkward stages. I mostly use my hair extensions when I want to do a crazy hairstyle with many braids and a whole lot of volume, but you can definitely go without them.
(No extensions in the photos)
Here are a few tips to help you grow long hair naturally:
- Use heat protectant and try to avoid heat as much as possible. I only blow dry my hair when I am in a time crunch. 90% of the time I air dry it.
- Nourish your hair through masks. I use deep conditioning mask on my hair at least once a week. You can make them or buy them in stores. It really isn’t too hard! Here is a post I wrote on the avocado mask I make. This is a post I wrote on various hair oils and serums.
- Take it easy when brushing your hair. Your follicles are fragile and being fierce with your hairbrush breaks them. Be gentle and if your hair is wet, use a wet brush or a wire bristle brush.
- Avoid haircuts. There I said it. If you cut your hair every 3 months you will never grow it out. Only get a trim if you need it. I have split ends but I try to fix them through deep conditioning and oils rather than scissors. However, a trim once in long while is necessary.
- Take Biotin: This is through word of mouth. I never stuck through a routine of taking vitamins. Mostly because I have a tough time swallowing pills and remembering to take them. Give it a go if you wish!