Happy New Year everyone!
So many things happened to us this year! Both good and bad, exciting and frustrating, humbling and proud moments completed our 2017 year!
One of the greatest blessings to us is our health! We had so many close calls that God prevented, but we are happy and alive for this up coming new year! I remember my heart dropping when Filipp flew off the motorcycle this summer. He had to be in bed for days because it hurt so much for him to move. Now he just has the scars, praise God! We also had a car try to run us off the road one night. We were both in such shock on how someone could get that angry. We left Paris a week before the Champs-Elysees shooting. We missed the California fires by a little over a week. You never really know how fragile your life is until you reflect on your surroundings.
In this post we wanted to reflect on our trips and rate them according to our preference. Of course you simply cannot compare the different countries we visited. Every one of them has their own charm! Here is my list and Filipps with a few flash back pictures!
- Banff, Canada. It was hands down the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. The pure blue water, gorgeous lakes and stunning mountains. I would love another trip up to Banff!
- New York, New York. I think I loved New York so much was because it was completely different from what I imagine it. We are planning on doing yearly trips to this awesome city!
- Paris, France. Paris, because it is as charming as you think it is! If we ever go back I am definitely learning a bit more French! We hit up all the touristy places in the spring and the next time we visit I want to dive deeper!
- Nice, France. Nice was a perfect debrief place after Paris. Everyone is so friendly and will go out of their way to help you. I also loved seeing the French Riviera.
- Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah It was sooo awesome!!!! First of all it cost you nothing. Second of all it’s in the country. Thirdly it is awesome!! We forgot our camera (well I forgot it) so we only had our itty bitty vlogging one. I am so glad that happened. We really got to focus on goofing around and being creative.
- California Olesya said order doesn’t matter on this list but California is my #1 for sure! I loved the state, the weather, the beaches along the Pacific Coast Highway, and it’s a place I’ve always wanted to live. And the Lure Fish House is a place I will definitely make sure to stop by again for a lobster!
- New York, New York I love the city, the busy streets, the people from various cultures, and not having to own a car there. I want to have a beach house in Cali and a pent house in NYC, a.k.a. I dream big! Opportunity is what I think New York is and I love seeing how much potential is out there. It was an inspirational experience for not just myself but for Olesya as well! We will be going back to New York again, that is certain 🙂
- Banff, Canada This place was so unreal. My favorite part was hiking Mt. Sulphur because it took nearly 3 hours and getting to the top was a very rewarding feeling. Lake Louise was absolutely beautiful as well but I feel like the experience was a bit dulled after constantly seeing it on social media so hiking a mountain I barely knew about got me pretty competitive and pumped to do some cardio (I typically hate cardio).
- Paris, France Parlez-vous françai? Yeah, me neither! It definitely made the trip a little bit more difficult not knowing basic French phrases but you know, we got by! Paris was a bucket list place to visit and not just because of the Eiffel Tower! I love seeing the old architecture and streets along with hearing some classic genuine French music. I think after watching “Midnight in Paris”, I grew an interest of France!
- Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah Much flat, very salt, so sand. This is a go to location if you are ever in the Salt Lake City area! I loved taking the jeep off-road there and driving all around the sandy surfaces! But don’t get stuck. Make sure you read up about it before you go! It’s my own little wonder of the world!